Happy Befana everybody, I have some presents, and some news for you.
Wow, it's almost 2 years since the last post, so what happened in the meantime?
After releasing Dawn Of Ultra Pong, the most requested feature was to allow a player using an Android device
to play with a player using an iOS device.
After experimenting with WiFi networking, I gave up for 2 reasons:
- iOS has terrible latency when using WebSockets
- We no longer have an Apple Developer Program membership, as it's too expensive, and as a result,
our games have been removed from the iTunes Store
In the end, Dawn Of Ultra Pong was good enough as it is, as it could be played only on Android anyway, so it was time to move on.
We decided that our next game would not be on mobile platforms for different reasons:
- We're not willing to pay the Apple Developer Program membership every single year
- We find touch and motion controls too limiting, and although it is possible to connect a gamepad to an Android device,
honestly, who has ever done that?
- Apart from a handful of games, mobile games have a very bad reputation, and in order to be financially viable, they need to
resort to disgusting tactics that resemble gambling, more than fun gaming.
This led us to concentrate on the PC platform first, and possibly on consoles in the future.
In the following moths, we experimented with various game ideas, ranging from racing games to side-scrolling platformers,
and in the end we settled on a party game, with huge influences from Bomberman and Mario Party, and the result will be Space Beaches.
Lastly, at the beginning of this post I promised you some presents, so here they are:
As we continue working on Space Beaches, stay tuned for more news.
There are comments.